WHAT GOT US STARTED
– There’s abundant Thai talent that goes untapped
– Poor English language or pitching skills limited startups exposure to Venture Capitals
– Lack of a link between new innovations from starts ups and requirements of existing business supply chain
– Most accelerators or incubators give space, funds and network, but not enough domain expertise
– Potential for Thai Intellectual Property to go global
– There’s room for win-win strategy between startups and Iyara VC
OUR GOALS & OBJECTIVES
– Increase the percentage of successful startups through hands-on support and mentoring
– Help accelerate Thai Intellectual Property for local consumption and exports
– Invest a total of THB 300 million in up to 100 seed stage companies within the next five years
– Make substantial impact in the growth of Thailand’s Informational Technology Industry
OUR BUSINESS APPROACH
– Identify seed stage companies with potential in the Informational Technology Industry
– Offer funding and expert advise to chosen startups in return for a fair share
– Guide startups towards profitability
– Streamline new innovations into business requirements
– Plug new inventions into supply chain of either of the co-founder’s domain industry
– Provide networking to larger Venture Capitals in Asia and Silicon Valley
– Acquire not more than 25% of a startup
– Flexible with the term sheet
– Exit the startup once they are able to receive larger scale funding or are able to support themselves.
– Utilize the returns to further support new set of start-ups
The founders of Iyara VC have a long and successful history of implementing technology solutions in key industry domains. Whether it’s hotels, retail, restaurants, banking, or the public sector, each of the founders are established and well-known solution providers. Iyara VC understands the current pain points of these industries, and as startups approach us, we are able to align their solution against real industry requirements. There is a large network for us to be able to plug the solutions in one or more parts of the eco-system within the industry domains, as long as the idea/solution is filling a real gap.
There are some key areas that makes Iyara VC stand apart from other venture capital businesses. Apart from funding, Iyara will also provide real-industry diagnosis to the startups, for them to map their solution to real requirements of potential customers. Through our network of thousands of customers, suppliers, and partner companies, we can ensure that solutions are tweaked for a perfect fit much faster than companies that just provide cross-industry test beds. Through this mechanism, accelerating growth and reaching the point of having a Minimal Viable Product (MVP) would be easier.
AFFILIATES & NETWORK
Apart from the network of organizations within our domain industries, Iyara VC has established a working relationship with many large scale Venture Capital businesses in Silicon Valley and different parts of Asia. We understand that a technology business may require multiple rounds of funding, and through our network they have opportunities to raise further funding. Representatives of our affiliates will also work with us to mentor the startups in creating the MVPs.